Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Random Nothings

1.  Something you need to know about me immediately:  my favorite writing implement is a fine point black Sharpie.  I especially like writing with a fine point black Sharpie on index cards.

2.  I am all blogged up.  http://framerefmontana.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-year-new-artist.html

3.  In the pile of new yummies I got from my best friends at http://www.dickblick.com/ there is a vat of burnt umber paint.  Colorwise it is pretty much brown, but mixed with a little burnt sienna and a couple other things it says COWBOY to me.  And tomorrow it will say COWBOY to you.  It is the color and consistency of brownie batter; I had to keep reminding myself not to lick the spoon.  No, I don't actually paint with a spoon, but I DO paint at my kitchen counter, and had there been a spoon handy we may have had a problem.  I think I accidentally flung a glob of paint somewhere - I saw it leave the jar but I didn't see it land - so we may have an altogether different kind of problem.

4.  I wish I had taken a picture of the painting I did for my friend Corey.  In a word, it is AWESOME.  I was worried while it was in progress because it truly looked like a hot mess, but a high gloss varnish makes all the difference.  Man, the colors really pop.

5.  Which reminds me:  I like shiny things.  I think I was a raven in a former life.

No comments:

Post a Comment