Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More Words

I had been thinking that I haven't painted any words recently, except the two I gave as Christmas gifts.  Before that it was a commission piece back in August.  (From mom and dad to their 15 year old boy.  It said BEAST.  Long story.)  But then I remembered COWBOY, with the brownie batter.  And there was this one, from right before Christmas:
I started a new one a few days ago, and the background didn't turn out at ALL the way I thought it was going to.  It didn't seem to fit what I wanted it to say.  I thought about it while it dried and came up with ... nothing.  No pun intended, but it didn't speak to me.  Until suddenly, it did.

When I was in elementary school, my best friend's father used to call me funny face.  He even gave me a mirror with those words and a goofy picture across the bottom; it hung in my room for years and I was terribly upset when it broke.  The painting is hanging right by the front door in the gallery and will potentially offend everyone who reads it on their way out.  I don't care.  It makes me laugh.  Here's to you, Harold Anderson, from one funny face to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment