Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sneak Peek

I wanted to post pictures of my paintings in a somewhat chronological order, but I don't have any decent pictures of anything right now.  Except this one, that I painted as a Christmas present for Derek.  It's unframed so it was easy to slap it in my scanner.  It doesn't have a title yet.  And it looks much better in person - the metallic colors don't scan well.  Painting on paper is a new adventure for me.  I have been a canvas girl to date, but I made Christmas cards this year and was fascinated by the way the paint looked on paper.  It was like making my own marbled paper.  So I have headed in a new direction and have no idea where I will end up.  Must have been a good decision, since Derek sold four of these pieces Christmas week.  What a lovely gift THAT was!

My new art supplies got here today!  If http://www.dickblick.com/ ever breaks up with me I will cry like a baby.  Each of the three sketchbooks I ordered came shipped individually.  In big boxes.  Hmmm.  And I apparently placed my order very late at night, with only one eye open, because I got some funky weird paint colors.  This could be exciting ... or a tragic waste of funky weird paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment